***Please note, as per the government’s announcement on Monday 4th January 2021 and the subsequent national lockdown in England, the showroom will be closed until further notice and the RB Team will be offering a contactless “click and collect” service instead. ***
In response to the current unprecedented situation regarding Covid-19, here at RB Prestige we are endeavouring to do everything we can to ensure a safe and clean environment for employees, customers and other visitors to our showroom.
- We are displaying the government's online notice "Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020", illustrating that we are following the government's guidance.
- Where possible CLEAR communication is being given to our customers and staff (both digitally and within the showroom) on how exactly we are maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Multiple signs have been installed throughout the showroom stating the following:
- We ask that only 1 customer/household with a maximum of 2 people come into the showroom at any one time and maintain a 2 meter distance once inside.
- We kindly ask that people use the sanitiser clearly located at the front of the showroom before entering
- We also display a general notice on how to be alert and safe during this situation
- We ask that those inside the showroom do not enter the office area and they shall be met in the showroom only.
- All of our staff have been briefed ahead of re-opening on new procedures.
- We kindly ask that where possible, our clients try to call ahead and make an appointment.
- No accompanied test drives will be given.
- Unfortunately, where we would normally offer refreshments in order to make your experience as comfortable as possible, we are no longer able to do this so please do bring your own water etc when needed.
- Magazines/brochures have also been removed.
- Regular sanitisation of all facilities/surfaces will take place.
- In the toilet, we provide liquid soap and disposable paper towels.
- We also provide disposable pens which we ask each customer to throw away after using.
- All keys will be regularly disinfected.
- Showroom and outside cars will remain locked.
- The front and back door will remain open to ensure a maximised amount of ventilation through the showroom at all times.
- Where possible we are providing video walk-arounds for all vehicles and can arrange 'virtual test drives' .
- We are currently taking electronic payments ONLY.
- We will continue to use digital systems such as those provided by the DVLA to register new owners of vehicles.
Here at RB Prestige we acknowledge how important it is for you to know what information we collect from you and how we collect, use, share and store that personal information. As always, we appreciate the trust our customers place in us not only in finding their perfect first, next or dream car, but also in caring for their personal data as custodians along the way.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
From providing the best finance deals to contacting you with updates about sourcing your perfect car, RB Prestige focuses on providing you with the best possible service. In order to do this, the team, with your permission, may collect the following information from you:
• Full Name
• Date of Birth and Age
• Home and Mobile Telephone Numbers
• Email Addresses
Vehicle Purchase Information:
- Make/Model of the car/s you are interested in
- Make/ Model of the car/s you are proposing for part exchange
- Registration Number
- Registration Date
- Date of purchase
- Service History
Information For Finance Application:
- Name, Address, Telephone Number, Email
- Date of Birth
- Address History
- Employment History
- Bank Details
- Driving License, Passport and Utility Bills
Please notify us of any changes to your personal details or privacy preferences.
Employees of RB Prestige Ltd. will not ask for any more data than what is necessary and this data will only be used for the purposes stated.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
These are the main ways we collect your information:
• If you have directly contacted us enquiring about a vehicle or finance application via social media, our website, by phone or by walk-in. This information would be freely given at your will.
• Through our ‘Source My Car’ form found on our website.
• If we require any further information for applying for finance upon the request of the finance companies we liaise with.
• If you purchase a warranty policy from us.
• If you purchase a vehicle from us and give us permission to contact you in the future regarding warranty extensions and vehicle updates.
Any information passed on concerning another individual, must be given with their permission.
Please do not give us your information if you are under 16 years of age, unless you have a parent or guardian’s permission.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
RB Prestige is a car dealership with a difference. We have a unique outlook, mixing professionalism and a family-focused attitude which encourages clients to trust us with searching, providing and maintaining their perfect car. Subsequently, to provide the best possible service from finance to sourcing, we need to use your information in the following way:
• First and Foremost, members of the RB Prestige team, will use your contact information to respond to enquiries you make.
• Employees at RB Prestige Ltd. may use your personal contact details to contact you regarding the process of sourcing your vehicle. You may receive various updates of the vehicle you have approached us to locate via email, SMS or telephone.
• We may use your personal information to process the sale of a vehicle and transfer ownership to you.
• Upon request, we deliver your first, next or dream car to your door and therefore will use the address information you give us to do this.
• With your permission, we ask if we can use a photo of you and your new car on social media for promotional purposes.
• If you have opted for the car management scheme, you may be contacted with updates about your car.
• We may use your contact information, including address, to send you any current warranty documents through the post or to inform you of any warranty extensions available to you. You have the right at any time to stop us contacting you for marketing purchases.
• When requested to do so, we use your personal information, freely given to us by you, to apply for finance. This entails passing on this information to various trusted finance companies in order to assess your eligibility. In cases where a joint application is made or a guarantor is involved you must have the permission of such peoples to use their data. They will be contacted themselves to give any personal information needed for the purpose of the application.
If applicable and you have enquired about finance opportunities, we may share your information with various finance agencies in order for you to get the best deal for your dream car. The main finance companies we work alongside are, Santander, MotoNovo, DSG and Close Brothers. If any other finance companies are contacted, you will be made aware. When you apply for finance via RB Prestige Ltd, you give permission for us to pass on your personal information to these third party companies.
Equally, we provide a warranty with every car we sell, thus your information may be passed on to a warranty agency to make this possible. Where any warranty extensions have been purchased, the necessary information will be shared.
Only the right information will be passed on to the right people.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SAFE?
Files, physical and electronic, can only be accessed by the staff on a “need to know” basis.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Any information you choose to provide us with will only be kept as long as it is necessary and only for the purposes stated.
In cases of finance applications, information will be kept for as long as the policy is in existence plus a year. Please notify us with any alterations to the information.
We will retain your personal data for as long as you might have queries about your product and for as long as you may make warranty claims.